Position offer in Nantes. Recruitment of a bioinformatics engineer: temporary contract (CDD), 24 months) from september 2011.
MeForBio (IRCCyN, UMR 6597) and ComBi (LINA, UMR 6241) are two research teams working on systems biology. They are members of Atlanstic CNRS research federation (FR 2819). In the frame of Biotempo ANR project (http://biotempo.genouest.org), a position of bioinformatic engineer is opened in Nantes, starting on the 1st of september for a duration of 12 months (with a possible extension to 24 months). The project contains the implementation of a web portal and the development of softwares issued from the scientific results obtained by the project research teams.
The portal should be opened for future developments.
- Implementation of modules dedicated to the study of temporal aspects of gene regulation networks. Prototypes of these modules have been developped by MeForBio (IRCCyN, Ecole Centrale de Nantes). The recruited engineer should maintain a constant discussion with this team.
- Implementation of modules dedicated to a probabilistic study of reaction-based networks. Prototypes of these modules have been developped by ComBi (LINA, Université de Nantes). The recruited engineer should maintain a constant discussion with this team.
- Implementation of a web portal and coordination of all the developpements realized in the frame of BIOTEMPO project.
- Biological validation of the developped tools in coordination with biologists.
The recruited engineer will be integrated in the ISO 9001 certificated bioinformatic platform of Nantes (UMR 915, Institut du Thorax) headed by Gérard Ramstein. He will have to visit with regularity the research teams implied in the project.
- Ph.D. or MsC + experiences
- Formation in computer sciences with a high knowledge on software development and associated tools (CVS, compilation, documentation, tests, debugging, ...) ;
- Programming languages : Java, Perl, Shell,... ;
- Technical and scientific english;
- Scientific rigor, teamwork and communication skills will be greatly appreciated.
- Experiences in bioinformatics and data analysis will be welcome.
Engineer in Biostatistics with fixed term contract (30 months)
Between 1600 and 2100 net euros per month depending on experiences (approximately 23000-31000 gross income per year).
If your are interested in this offer, please send a CV, a cover letter and two references to